Binna Kim’s stimulating artworks is a mixture of nature and her vivid imagination, whether in colorful abstract works or visual interpretation of nature. Binna's keen attention and depth of expression are meant to brings audience to a different world, a stage for viewing scenery in an emotionally evocative way.
While viewing her works, the artist's visual expression and visual interpretation by the audience merge and go hand in hand to evoke a memory, a passion, or a feeling unique to each of us. Indeed, Binna's works, whether it be abstract or detail drawings, represent an exquisite, vivid and colorful emotional interpretation of nature's scenery.
In Serenity and Metamorphosis and Memories series, the level of fine details and depth in each drawings aims to capture nature in many different and transformative forms, demonstrating Binna's curiosity and her eye for the unique beauty that nature has to offer. These works represent an invitation for each member of the audience to observe nature up to close, while taking a contemplative, introspective moment to be at peace with themselves.
Universe in a leaf series of paintings on paper and canvas demonstrates Binna's strong bond with nature and her curiosity about many of its elements. As a floral and a window display designer, she has been surrounded by beautiful flowers and natural materials. While most people pay attention to only flowers and their beauty, Binna takes notice of leaves as well, which are equally as captivating as flowers.
In Universe in a leaf, Binna uses vibrant colors and geometric forms, enjoying where her keen eye for detail, her artistic curiosity and vivid imagination lead to.
Selected Group Exhibition
- 2019 Spatial Transformations Part 1,2,3 at Studio Anise in Soho, NYC (Ongoing)
- 2019 Winter Group Shows Part 2 at Onishi Gallery in Chelsea, NYC
- 2019 Group show at NAWA (National Association of Women Artists) in NYC
- 2018 Off The Wall at Plaxall Gallery in Long Island City, NY
- 2018 ARTIF ACTS at One Art Space in Tribeca, NYC
- 2018 Benefit Auction at The Drawing Center, NYC
- 2018 Eternal Summer at One Art Space in Tribeca, NYC
- 2018 Transformation at One Art Space in Tribeca, NYC
- 2018 Drawing 2017, an exhibition of 20 international artists / Gallery 25N
- 2017 Making connections / The Plaxall Gallery / Long Island City , NY
- 2017 Making Connections ll / The City Deford Gallery (Citigroup Building) / Long Island City , NYC
- 2017 9th Artslant Prize Winner of Drawing category
- 2017 IGOA gallery, Theme "Animal&wildlife"
- 2017 Projekt 30 May and July Monthly Exhibition
- 2017 Bauhausprairie art gallery, Theme "Abstract" and "Artist's favorite work"
- 2016 Honorable Mentions / IGOA (www.international-gallery.org) Art-open "No Theme"
- 2016 Projekt 30 October and November Monthly Exhibition